Friday 5 October 2007

Why men cheat !

Ok so i decided to help one of my friends with some resech as she writes for one womens magazine.....she was just looking up interesting topics for the copule of months ...s o i thpught what the heck let me just help a sister out....Trust me it was soo much fun....I came across a few articles and findings that will be sharing with you....as I would like to hear what the guys and ladies out there think about this issue so here goes. i have edited some of it but but trust me the juicey bits are all intact....Enjoy!!

The findings and quotes in this article are all opinions expressed by iVillage members(Womens website).
Source/Credits: Abby Schwartz and Eileen Livers


Like it or not men cheat. They stare @other girls even when you are with them(looku looku) . They're obsessed with big butts and big boobs…
The married ones come home late from work with the excuse of having to work late or attending one meeting, then the poor wives find lipstick marks on their collars.
Research carried out by iVillage reveled that men do cheat and they definitely cheat more than their female counterpart.
In the original Kinsey Report, published more than 50 years ago, approximately 60 per cent of men, compared to 30 per cent of women, were unfaithful to their spouses before the age of 40. (Now that's not nice)Those numbers have remained much the same in subsequent studies over the years. So reading on…..I finally got to what I really wanted to know




WHY DO MEN CHEAT?

1. SEX: Men just can't control their eyes, hands and ...'Women need a reason to have an affair, men just need a place' - go_getter'Men will cheat if given the opportunity. They are just like that! They can be happy in their relationship and life, but if the opportunity to cheat is there, they will do it! I really believe they can't help it.' - ldrake5477'I asked my boyfriend why men cheat.... He said, 'Men do it for sex'. He said that a man can have sex with another woman and not feel anything for her' - pismotam


2. QUICK FIX: Although sneaking around takes a lot of effort, many iVillagers believe that more effort is required to salvage a rocky relationship.'People have affairs because they are lazy. It is easier to go running off with the office tramp than it is to admit something is wrong with your relationship and make a commitment to work on it' - jesusfreak1'I think if people took half the time and effort they put into sneaking around and channelled that energy into making a great marriage or relationship, they would realise that, most of the time, what they are looking for has always been with them.' - who_dat'Sometimes the thought of divorcing and changing everyone's lives is much too hard to handle. So the easier choice is an affair. I don't think it's the right choice, but most people will take the easier road, thinking no one will be hurt because they are keeping the marriage and family intact. - lovestargazer


3. THE FRAGILE MALE EGO: We all like to be complimented by the opposite sex and, according to many iVillage women, that's the ground for most men's affairs.'My now ex-husband not only cheated on me but on every former lover, girlfriend and wife (one before me) with whom he was involved. It was an emotional thing. He had to prove to himself that he was attractive and appreciated by women. It was his way of judging himself and his own self worth. - laughingagain 'I think unfaithfulness goes hand in hand with low self-worth. Cheaters seek approval or fulfilment in the eyes of another person when they should be looking within themselves.' - weasy71 'I think it has a lot more to do with how the cheater fells about his/her self, rather than how the cheater feels about his/her spouse.' - lee_823


4. TO FILL A VOID: Many iVillagers concluded that men cheat because they are not satisfied with their relationships. When something is missing, be it regular sex or healthy communication, men try to fill this gap with an affair. 'Just like women, men cheat when there is something lacking in a relationship. The wife may not even see what's missing. Maybe the man wants kinkier sex and is afraid to ask, or has already been turned down. Maybe he's cheating with another woman who doesn't nag him.' - barrysgal 'My husband and I had problems, and he tried to solve them with someone else. It didn't solve them - it just made them worse.' - djb61 'I guess, in a nutshell, the reason why a spouse cheats is because he/she feels alone.' - olivepop

5. SELFISHNESS: Whether they're immature, greedy or just haven't got a clue, some men don't value or respect their partners, say iVillagers. 'Sometimes people cheat in a marriage because they are not mature enough to understand and live by their vows.' - meanmommy 'Cheating is one of the most selfish acts a person can commit, because despite the fact that they entered into a relationship with another person they choose to act as though they are the only one whose feelings, needs and desires matter.' - nura_p 'Somehow we've become so convinced about what we're entitled to that we have completely lost sight of what we are responsible for. It doesn't matter who gets hurt, as long as we get what we want.' - juliewho 'I believe some people are so needy they devour their partner's love and move on.' - aZVDB




I WAS IN STITCHES AFTER READING THIS LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK....l8r XXX







31 comments:

Jotees Trendz said...

Oh lawd! I believe there are a few good men out there....oh lawd! there better be...!

Zena said...

wait ooh!,
I just wanted to say, it took long enough,ahn!ahn!I'll go read now

Zena said...

ok, so after this, lol what am I supposed to do?
Men!can't live with them, can't live without them

Unknown said...

Funny...ALL these reasons apply to BOTH sexes..!!
I think this post should rather be titled.."why people cheat"

Arewa said...

@Labelle: Of course there are still a FEW good men out there.Dont forget that is just a summary of an article i saw and just wanted to share as i felt that i was a bit one sided.

@Zena: lol..cheeky bugger...dont blame me ooh .. i am just sharing my findings....

@Obi I totally agree with u that this topic apply to both sexes but u and i know that men are more likely to cheat on thier partners than women and it is a known fact.
I think ur comment abt the titile of this the article is also very valid. but lets not forget that the reason thet i put this blog up was to find out what u all think about the article as i think it is a bit biased and creates a very bad impresssion of men.

UnNaked Soul said...

Men cheat because... I think its a flaw or a purpose in our design... I think (:-/)

Aramide said...

love the post! obviously gonna fwd it to a few mates of mine :o)

also loving the sunshine anderson currently playing :D :D

great blog missy

[aramide.blogspot.com]

princesa said...

I think men cheat for some sort of distraction. They just hate having a predictable planned out life and when they get a chance for adventure, they just take it!
Ther a few good men tho,My dad's one. I can vouch for him!

princesa said...

Thanks for ur comment on my recent post babes.

Admin UD said...

I think men cheat when they hook up with the wrong person. See, i can play very well, as in VERY WELL but on a couple of occasions, i've been 'tied' down per se. It boils down to the woman in question. If she does her homework very well, the man can NEVER look elsewhere for warreva.

Men cheating is a relative term, not absolute. Cheers!!

PS: that doesn't mean there ain't some men out there that have over bursting male hormones looking for release.

Stuck in my throat said...

i was listening to a man complain to his friend about how his wife is making him think about cheating...normally, i'd ve just rolled my eyes, but after listening...i could feel the man..
he said he bought his wife a brand new car and she didnt even give him thank you sex...he says he knew there was a problem, tried to talk to her, she didnt respond...took her on a cruise...still no sex...
he is FRUSTRATED...now, can you blame him?he tries(according to his friends) to stay faithful...is a good husband and a father, yet his wife is as cold as fish.

i think it is unfair we keep blaming the man...we as women should give our men some good loving if we want them with us...and ask him what he likes...preferences change..it doesn't mean he is cheating because he wants to try something new..and i agree with Obi..

Aijay said...

People (guys & babes) cheat for reasons best known to them.

Unknown said...

"..u and i know that men are more likely to cheat on thier partners than women and it is a known fact.."
My sister, I really no know where you got these "facts" sha...I think the real fact is that men are more likely to boast of their exploits than women..so it just seems like they do it more often. Cheating is basically a cross-gender issue...which gender does it more, is still a matter for conjecture...

princesa said...

I read your older posts babes.
I ope you have finally broken the news to mumsy o! Your partner sounds like he would make a REALLY good husband.
Wish you all the best.

Now i have my first Ghanaian blogfriend.

Queen of My Castle said...

Great post. This is certainly a topic that gets everyone's motors roaring! LOL

I opt not to share my opinions this time around.

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Men cheat just cos! There are honestly sooooo many reasons but I really can't say there's 1 tangible reason why men (and women) cheat...Great post Arewa!

Carlang said...

Men cheat.
Why?
I'll tell you why.
Hormones ..that;s what.

I go to bed. I say my prayers. Have a lovely dream ..
and then i wake up with a ...er...10 inch pole..pole in my trousers.
Who the hell asked him to wake up?
I was just sleeping.

i walk the streets. I see a picture of Beyonce..nice..
She's got such lovely...hair.
hello there...it;s the pole again!!

See?
Most of the time i think eventually we fall to the barrage of hormones. WIth so many erections a day it's a wonder we dont go screaming on the streets.
The pressure .. i tell you!!

And then as if that isnt bad enough chicks walk the streets in lovely skirts, Visible bras, g.strings hugging the edge of their thighs.

The Pole. Pole . Pole.

Men cheat.
We arent proud of it.
Blame us.

We blame the pole.

Don said...

I can't lie ... you pretty much covered all the basics on why men cheat. But I'm sure there are some men out there who don't have to cheat.

Turn back around and tell us why women cheat.

Writefreak said...

yes a lot of men cheat and you wonder why..some have no reason to, some men are not getting it from their wives or their wives are prudes and some have no reason at all!
There are good men out there, belive me! My hubby is one of them!

Mrs Somebody said...

Men cheat because they are men!

Arewa said...

@ UnNaked: Well there u go..@ leat ur being honest.

@ Mona: I love that tune to bits.. thought it would also be just right for the topic. Thanx love x x

@ Princesa: Of course there are a few good men out thereoohh ... I am not saying that all men cheat, just the adventerous few who just cant control thier willies,ding dong, Hot dogs...Dicks .. whatever u call them...lol

@ Ugo@ of course it is a relative term...I know wha u mean but there are a few men out there who have the best women in the world( who cater to thier every need) but they still go out and cheat on them....men oh men...

@ stuck in my throat o: U know what i have also heard a few stories like that. I definatly agree that some women drive thier men to cheat by depriving them of thier basic entitlements....in such cases i know that the men obviously have no ther choice but to go get someone else to provide them with thier basic needs.

Aijay: Simple, Straight forward and very true... it is an individual decision at the end of the day...

@ Obi: I have to disagree with u on this one oooohhh!
I did not make this up @ all ooh .. i got my facts from a very relaible source called I village who had carried out thier own research on thi ssubject...so i hate to break thi sto u but 'men are more likely to cheat on thier partners than women'
I accept that cheating is a cross gendered issue but men are still more likely to do the nasty.

@Princesa:Thanks for being true to ur word and comming back to read my pas blogs...i really appreciate it.
As for my momsi... i will be in town in a few weeks so .. i will be breaking the nws to her then... Lord Help me!
Oh and thanx for making me ur first Ghanaian blog friend {{big hug}} x x x : )

@Queen of my castle: Why not :o(

@nyemoni: Thanx hon x x x

@Carlang: U seeooh this is why i like u... u tell the truth.
I cant imagine what it feels like to have a hard on so many times in one day.. although i know what it feels like to feel horny all day... wink wink....(let me not diagress) All i can say is sorry.. but it still doesnt mean that it is right to then go breaking the hearts of so many women out there... hoping from bed to bed like some men do sha!

@Don:I know a there are a few good men out there ooh .. dont get me wrong... and i never said that women do not cheat... its just that men are more likely to cheat and it is true...although i know a few guys out there are bit reluctant to admit but... wew all know the truth...so lets stop kidding.

Women cheat for exactly the same reasons as men... i just think that women are more likely to control themselves....TRUE!!

Arewa said...

@ writefreak: A couple of people have mentioned the fact that some men cheat because thier wives are not performing thier basic duties ... but what i want to know is why women will decide to do that... what drives a woman to make a decision like that....

@Mrs Somebody: lol...

Unknown said...

hmmmmm

I'm speechless

Ms. Catwalq said...

i think this topic has been done so many times, i almost quoted the points u raised

Unknown said...

My song's ready to be heard by you

Jaja said...

Do you want me to say that men are designed to SPREAD their seed..? So the human race doesnt go extinct?

Anyway I challenge some of the statistics in the studies. Things have changed a bit since Kinsey's report...

Didnt I read on Time magazine about women being more likely to cheat than men?

Unknown said...

thank u 4 ur comments

NikkiSab said...

Men cheat wen de av bad friends, unhappy with dia partners, for the thrill of it, boredom and a couple oda bullshit reasons. Dere is no excuse for cheating oda dan d fact dat no self control (this is for both sexes)and people can stop dem selves from being cheats. Its like i always say Life is a DECISION, our actions is a DECISION. Nice post dear.

Arewa said...

@ Catwalq: I wasnt even aware of the fact athat this topic had already been covered by some bloggers but thae fact is that this is an ongoing issue that we will never see that end of as we (men and women)are only human.
The blog about topics and issues that are a concern to me and that i feel might be a concern to people out there. so dont be too quichk to dismiss my blog topic ....as it is an ongoing issue that needs to be discussed.
Discussions never hurt anyonne...

@Jaja: of course...I dont want u to say- that men are designed to SPREAD their seed, So the human race doesnt go extinct

I am just interested in ur views of why men cheat .. do feel free to disagree where u feel that the argument raised is a bit biased.
Wvare all entitled to our own opions.. we just have to be honest..

@Nikkisabb:Well said... Thanks hon x xx

Aijay said...

Can we get an update pls?? Lol.

guerreiranigeriana said...

i have a female friend who suggest that women should stop fooling themselves and cheat too...that way, if he is cheating, so too are you...dunno...what do you think?...makes me really question if humans are really supposed to be monogamous...i personally wouldn't mind having my own harem of men:)..but seriously, i wouldn't...damn societal rules!!!...