Friday 4 January 2008

Hope_full.....!!


Happy New Year Peeps!!! May God Almighty Grant all our hearts desires, May He shower us with His blessing and give us the courage to face this year and all the challenges that life has in store for us....My 2008 be a year of Joy, Peace, Grace, Prosperity, New Jobs, Good Health, May relationships and marriages grow from strength to strength, may the single guys and babes out there find their life partners (u know urselves..) and may our lives be filled with all that we wish and pray for(add ur own..)...................................

WE THANK YOU LORD FOR ANOTHER YEAR!! Amen!!

So I saw the New Year in with Thanks and Praise to God and it was such a good feeling.2007 was gone with all its drama and bad belle.... I walked out of Church feeling like a new person...Like I had been given another chance to start all over again and get things right.....I felt soooo REFRESHED!!

The a few things happened in the last couple of weeks before the New Year that i just did not understand:
Mr decided to spend Christmas and the New Year in Lagos and i refused to go because i had a lot of revision to do....and I had wanted to go to Ghana NOT Naija,as I was feeling very homesick but the only thing that stopped me from going was my exams and also because I just wasn't ready to deal with with any drama from my mum... if i decided to send Christmas and the New Year in Lagos for the 4th time... So Mr was bent on celebrating Elaya in Lagos and there was no way I was going to change his mind.....so he went oohhhh and I was sooo upset with him because I thought that he was being very selfish by leaving me to spend the holidays on my own with my non existent family...My mum the workaholic worked over the holidays.. my sister stayed outside London and my brother stayed at home most of the time just watching telly and working on his dissertation.....HOW FUN EI??
Lets just say Christmas was very drrryyyyyyy, and i vowed that it will be the last one I will ever spend on my own in the hope of doing anything with my so called family....

Mr and a few of his friend decided to drive to Ghana for a few days as there wasn't much happening in Lagos...... You can just imagine how pissed off i was when he mentioned it to me .. because it was not part of the plan and i felt like he was punishing me for not going to Lagos with him......But guess what?? I t was actually a very productive trip because I was able to arrange for Mr to meet up with My Uncle, Auntie and Cousins who he occasionally speaks to over the phone.....so its fair to say he met a few on his soon to be In- laws and they loved him to bits.....THANK GOD!!

There have been a lot of discussions since then and lets just say that next year by this time I will be a Mrs by Gods grace......can i get an AMEN!!
I have a very good feeling about this year and know that God is about to perform wonders in my life!
My mum is still not on board but trust God she will be on board in a few months if not weeks by Gods grace...!!

So MR and I have agreed on December 2008 as the month for our Engagement and Wedding....dates are yet to be finalised. I'm really excited about this and I feel very positive about things moving forward..all Mr has to do now is to pop the question......oohhh i just cant wait. We are still carrying out a few formalities to involve my mum and to get her to come around but lets just say I am not holding my breath .....NO one is going to kill my joy ooohhhhh...God forbid......lol. I am on a high at the moment but all that aside i still need to concentrate on my exams but i cant help it ...I keep visiting all these wedding sites.....I know ..I'm loosing it..........I'm just excited.. Lord knows what i will do when Mr finally proposes..WATCH THIS SPACE!!

THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH AND MY SALVATION WHO SHALL I FEAR??!.......NOBODY!!

STAY BLESSED ...... I'M OUT..... X XX X

23 comments:

Zena said...

I love that, I love that spirit, It's going to happen. But ummmm, I must get my invitation first sho gbo?(u hear?)ehen!
Howz the Dissertation going? It was a good thing you didn't go, after this, you'll be able to spend many christmases not thinking about papers
Mummy will be fine, trust...she's just fronting, the family he met liked him so she'll get around,
keep us posted ooh!

Unknown said...

When peace like a river attends your soul
WHen sorrows like sea below rolls
WHatever your lot
GOd has taught you to say
It is well with your soul


WIth God on your side, all's well

guerreiranigeriana said...

amen, amen and amen again...cheers for you hottie and the exciting, refreshing and hopeful start of the new year...it is the start of a new cycle, new beginnings...mom will come around and all will be well...

...i don't blame you for looking at the wedding sites...it's an exciting moment in life and you have every right to be thrilled...i went to a reception for a traditional wedding in naija and was excited for mine...and i don't even know when that will be..haha...do let us know when he proposes, in full detail...kisses to my favorite ghanerian...

Zoe Believer said...

Congratulations! I pray that all goes well with your plans!

UnNaked Soul said...

Amen to that sista!

Naapali said...

Happy New Year and thanks for the kind words u have left.

I rejoice with you that u r getting closer to your dream of being wed to Mr.

Forgive my puzzlement though, as you guys are close to a date but no proposal yet. Isn't that a bit of cart avant horse?

ShadeCrown said...

oooooh weeeeeee.. dats nice! I'm so exciteeeeeed for .. it better be in london so i cn crash. hehehe HAPPY HAPPY NU YEAR!

Admin UD said...

happy new year to you too :)

princesa said...

Happy new year Darling.
I see the year has begun on a glorious note for you.Great!

My fingers are crossed for you. All is well.

Andrew F. Alalade said...

May 2008 be much better than u imagine. Went to Naija a few weeks ago to get married so I understand how you feel.
All the best as you make the plans.
Dont forget to invite us!

shhhh said...

happy new yr oooooooooo

Arewa said...

@Zena: yes sisi I hear u ooohhh.Ur invitation is on its way...lol
Dissertation is going ok but is currently on hold till after my exams...got soo much to revise ..God help me!!

@Olamild: U got me singing that song all day....

@guerreiranigeriana: How i for do ooh my sister...I pray so.Amen!!
How u dey sha?

@Believer:Thank u oohh. Amen!!!

@Naapali: Same to u hon..ur always welcome.U are allowed to be puzzled about the order of things. But u have to understand that my sitaution is not normal...things would have followed normal procedure if my mum wasnt being too difficult. Mr has been waiting for my mums approval in order to propose as that is the way things are normally done...its not easy at all. I guess he wants to do things the right way and i know he will pop the question at the right time ..which will be very soon.
I guess the most important thing to consider at this time is the fact that we still love one another after 6yrs of all this madness. The ring is just procedure...abi?

@Sha: Thanx hon.. but we are planning to have the weding in Ghana and a lil something in the UK so u get to pick which one u want to attend..hows that?
Hope all is well with u..!

@Ugo: x x x x

@princesa:Same to u my dear sisi and thanks for the support..love always x x x {biggg huuug}}

@Andy: Amen ooo!! How didi ur wedding go..gist me now..any pictures??

@ Last king of Scotland: Same to u hon.. How u dey?!

Simi Speaks said...

Congrats on ur dates!! Am sure your mum will come around. Stay positive. it's well..

Cheers to an blissful, children-filled marriage for you!

Arewa said...

@ Simi Speaks: Thank u sweetie. Amen!! And may all ur prayers be answered by Gods Grace. x x

Afrobabe said...

lol..you happiness is certainly contagious...congrats babe...

amen,amen,amen...and let me tap from the annointing cos I got a whole bunch of sex to give MR accepeted

Thirty + said...

Amen to that, God will strengtthen you as you prepare.

I can imagine how you felt being left out like that especially with his detour to Ghana. As you see sha all things are working for your good.

Obinwanne said...

Amen to all of them,....may you find peace in all you do.

Lady A said...

Congrats on everything. I truly believe that this will be one of the most exciting year ever.

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Hey dear! I like your optimism jo...certainly rubbing ff on me! Take charge this year and stay in control! God bless!

An-Igbo-Dude said...

wow
congratulations
i wan be like u oooo
or rather like MR oooo

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Girl!

UndaCovaSista said...

Yay! December 2008!!! Your mum will come round, i can feel it...Where's the wedding going to be? Won't it be nice if your blogsville family could attend (hint, hint) lol...

Writefreak said...

Oh oh oh....my friend is gonna get married and become a Mrs, so happy for you girl that things are look up and you're beign positive

May God perfect your plans and may your mum come round...Amen!