Sunday 27 January 2008

Teen love........


princesa's latest post on old school love letters brought back memories and reminded me of an incident that took place over 16yrs ago:
I used to be involved in a lot of Cultural dancing and Drama activities back in my Primary and J.S.S days.

There was this dude(Lets call him P) who saw me on a show that my school did on TV and got my number from one of his friends who knew me...... we talked on a few occasions established a 'relationship' (which meant pretty much nothing to me ) I was just fun to have this guy calling me all the time. We never got to meet up cus we attended different schools and my strict military dad did not allow me to go gallivanting or even entertain any boys so all we had was a telephone relationship......can you believe that I didn't even know what the boy looked like and had to go by the description that my friends had given me which was then confirmed when he sent me a picture of himself. I must admit he wasn't that cute but he was ok..... He started calling me his girlfriend which i didn't really give a toss about so I also went went the flow. (Young love.. how blind and foolish)

Then things escalated to the next level.... (i beg no dirty thoughts oooh) he started writing me all these love letters ....which always had FLY SAFELY TO written just above my name and KISS BEFORE YOU OPEN written at the back of the envelope.

The letters always expressed how much he loved me and slowly developed into describing the things that he wanted to do to me......Am all I did was to read these letters with me friends and giggle at every sentence. The words he wrote meant nothing much to me.....all I knew was that there was a boy who lived on the other side of the Military camp who was in love with me and kept sending me all these letters.

We met face to face a few moths later at an inter schools Athletic Completion and finally established a so called proper relationship...which was still just child's play..all we did was hold hands and nothing else.....He knew not to even tray anything cause everyone knew my dad and how strict he was and i guess that was what kept him in check....I am going on too much. Back to the main story...


I used to keep my love letters in a shoebox box at the very top my wardrobe...and don't know how the hell my mum found them but boy was I in trouble...cus i also had love letters from other guys that i was stalling in that box.
My mum and dad summoned me to the living room after dinner one evening only to bring unveil my collection of love letters which she had taken time to go through.....I was shitting myself ......cus she had all P's letters in her hand and cussed me from Africa to Asia and back... thank God it was just a serious tongue lashing but no beatings or slaps whatsoever.
My mum gave me a serious talk while my dad sat there and just watched ......which I found very strange but I was glad that my dad hadn't taken over cus I knew he would probably kill me..I kept watching him from the corner of my eye just so I could run for the door , if he decided to have sort me out with some serious beatings... ...lolOur talk ended once my mum had finished her lecture and I promised not to entertain P any longer.
I didn't get to speak to P about what went down with my parents as their phone had been out of service for a couple of days....and decided to write to him through our friend who was acting as our delivery guy. It turns out that my letter arrived late cus his parents had also found the love letters that I wrote to him in reply to his letters.....just that mine were less detailed and was usually made up with lyrics from my favourite love songs...lol.... how sad...lol
I decided to try P's phone number just for luck on the same day that i sent the letter :


Beep Beep, Beep Beep - The phone was ringing...their phone had been repaired...Thank God .......

Hello ?! (Someone picked up , it sounded like his Step mom ......ooh shit she was supposed to be out of town with his dad Didn't know whether to hung up or to just talk so .. i spoke )

Me: Emmmmm Hello Good Evening...Can I PLLEEAASSEE speak to P PLEASE?

Step mum: You want to speak to Who?!

Me: P Please.........(I was ssooo sacred, cus P and my other friends had warned me of this woman and how evil she was)

Step Mum: Who is calling ?!

Me: PLEASE My name is ........(I MENTIONED MY FULL NAME ..AS IF I WAS @ COURT MARSHAL)

Step mum: Oh so its you eehn....Listen to me very carefully.. I do not want you to ever call this house again do you hear me and dont you ever, if you do I will have to call your house and report you to your parents do you hear me ....nonsense!!! - AND THEN SHE HUNG UP

I was shaking like a leaf and was just staring at the phone.. thinking ....oh my God this woman is really evil and mean ...and i just told her my full name .. ...why was she being so horrible to me... ..what did I do wrong.....?I was sso worried and though what if she looks up our address in the telephone directory and turns up at our door step..........I dismissed the though and tried to calm myself down.
About half an hour later, I was heard some people talking outside and decided to see what was going on....There was a white Peugeot 305 parked between out house and our neighbours and there was a woman sitting in the car chatting to our next door neighbour's wife....I thought nothing of it and decided that to water the flowers in that front garden as it was one of my daily duties once the sun was beginning to set...Just as I stepped out unto the veranda to get the watering hose, i noticed that the conversation that was going on between my neighbour and the woman in the car had stopped and they were both staring at me ....as if I had done something wrong.
Damn this post is getting longer and longer I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO POST THE second half IN MY NEXT UPDATE.....

Let me give you a hint the woman had come to cause trouble..........

18 comments:

Carlang said...

Lol.
Hurray i'm first...

Carlang said...

i'm second too...
hi dear:)

Carlang said...

i'm third i'm third!!!
yes!

Carlang said...

I\m fourth. I\m actually fourth.
I\m so happy...
I\d like to dedicate this medal to my mum. My manager..My friends... my fans...
Arewa..

ShadeCrown said...

5th, actually, 2ND
hahaha , i can relate! I remember my mother waking me up with a big fat smack when i was 13, (i think) cuz she found some love letters from a boy. I'll never forget that day..

Cant wait to read part 2.. lol *memories man

*sigh

lol @ carlang

Afrobabe said...

omg...this post is so like mine....

carlang has finally lost it...lol...got to steal that style though...

Ms. Catwalq said...

this is the second post I have read about love letters....you know, I have never received any...or have I? No, I haven't.

Ms. Catwalq said...

Carlang: yeye boy

Zoe Believer said...

Hi sweety..thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Please do continue this story, i can't wait to see what happens

Arewa said...

@ Carlang : lol .....U this yeye boy.. i dont even know what to say to u....U alone how many comment u want post aha ah .....I Cant even get mad at u cus I love u too much.What will i ever do with out ur crazy but sweet self?... X X X

@ Sha: lol..dont mind Carlang jare the dude is just too much for me...ooh i can just imagine but i bet that didnt stop u ei?!

@Afrobabe:Tell me about it the boy don Kolo...lol. CHEEKY AS EVER

@ Catwalq: Feel free to confess.. we promise we wont tell

@ Honeywell : Update soon come .. watch this space

@ Believer: U are always welcome hon... will continue my story soon. x x x

princesa said...

I was wondering...so many comments already till i saw Carlang and his 4 comments.lol!

Babes am, loving this jist o...cant wait to see how it turns out so part 2 plzzzzz!

Queen of My Castle said...

Oh Arewa, must you make us wait? I was really getting into it as it came to an abrupt close! LOL

Yep, Carlang is most def losing it! LOL

Jennifer A. said...

Ye pa!!!!

Parents are always finding love letters. They found some of mine too...silly high sch love. Lol. So what happened now?

Loll @ Carlang...

Brilliantly Me said...

Gen gen! Oya, tell us what happened naawww.

Carlang said...

MeNtAl?
WHo?
Me?
lol.
Hi dear...

Unknown said...

Cant wait to read the 2nd part

Unknown said...

Cant wait to read the 2nd part

Zena said...

lol, sorry sissy, my laptop's bn sick, haven't touched blogsville for a min, lemme go read the rest